2 months ago
If the cat is healthy, it likely belongs to one of your neighbors and is an indoor outdoor cat.
1. If friendly, secure them in a garage or bathroom away from your owned pets. Do not feed them cows milk—most cats are lactose intolerant.
2. Knock on your neighbors’ door within at least a 5 house radius to see they are missing their pet.
3. If friendly, take to a vet, emergency vet or Petsmart to scan for a microchip.
4. Post to Facebook Lost and Found groups and your NextDoor.
5. File a found report with PACC: text FOUND to 833.552.0591 or https://24petconnect.com/BreedRequest/Found?shelter=PIMA
6. File a found report with HSSA: https://hssaz.org/services/intake-lost-found-pets/form
7. Make a large poster for your yard stating you found a cat. Tape fliers to street corners and community mailboxes.