Plz let my baby come she is missed by her family my other animals are depressed cuz she is not . She been gone to long.
Jet black no other color and she doesn't have her collar on either
AREA LAST SEEN
Stephens City, VA 22655
ADDRESS LAST SEEN
BUCKINGAM DR STEPHNS CITY VA
DATE LAST SEEN
September 24, 2022
Help us reach our goal of 5 million pets reunited by 2032! Learn More.
1 year ago
Owners of lost cats on the lost and found pet pages have said that these tips work, especially numbers 1, 3 and 5:
1. Put wet/smelly food out in the evening. Pick it up during the day or if you notice it's attracting strays.
2. Put dirty litter box outside; keep an eye on it if there are stray cats or other wildlife in your area. It may attract them, which could keep your cat away.
3. Put out an unwashed article of your clothing or a dirty sheet/towel/t-shirt. You can also make "scent strips" from these items and place them in trails leading to your door. Use hair from your hairbrush.
4. Go out in the evening with a flashlight and look under porches, sheds, hollow logs, etc.
5. You can make chum trails leading to your door by using a can of cat food and a gallon of warm water. Shake well and sprinkle in trails leading to your door. You can also make scent trails using dirty litter.
6. Your cat will be most active between dusk and dawn. Trying shaking a bag of treats and softly calling your cat's name while searching with a flashlight to catch the reflection of your cat's eyes.
7. Get fliers up right away and ask neighbors to check garages, etc.
8. File a lost report with the appropriate shelter and visit *in person* often.
9. Offer a reward to children in the neighborhood as they probably know more than anyone what is happening to pets in the neighborhood.
10. Ask neighbors who have cameras outside to check their recordings. Maybe they can tell you which direction your pet went and if it has been coming back. Ask the children in the area if they have seen kitty – show them a picture.
Most cats do not go far, especially those that are not used to spending time outdoors.
I have been informed that putting the litter box out may attract other creatures. However, it worked for me. Just keep an eye out. Look up in the trees! Walk your neighborhood in increasingly large circles around your home. Your footsteps will give your kitty a scent trail home. Repeat! Give a photo and description to your mail carrier and newspaper delivery person
Contact someone who tracks lost pets.