HappyCatLady I am not sure about leaving food outside we have a few cats that roam around. I did tried and one of them was eating it after I went to check. I do check shelters online. I feel that if he was taken to a shelter he would have probably been put to sleep. You see unfortunately we were not here when he went missing so I had nobody to go search for him. 😔 until we return 2 weeks after. My husband says he is 99% sure that he was taken by a Coyote. I still call to him a few times🥺. So I just keep posting him for my sake and to keep that 1% of hope alive.
💖🐱Dear guardian 💖🐱 glad you are not giving up 🙏
Continue to take action in person. Cover all possibilities…
⭐️ ADDING AT LEAST 1 HUGE NEON POSTER in front of your residence is highly encouraged in order to get a possible sighting. A BILLBOARD even better! ⭐️
1. CONTINUE leaving wet food and fresh water bowl AM + PM where kitty escaped - lost cats search for a food source - you must be a consistent food source even if you're feeding other lost/stray hungry cats. Continue to use your motion activated wifi camera pointed at WET food and water bowl replenished AM + PM. If you don't have a camera aimed
2. I emplore you to buy one (the $35 mini blink on amazon works great) So many cases guardians were ready to give up then they finally put the camera out there (whether wifi to your phone or WILD LIFE camera with batteries no wifi) and after some days / weeks they will Spot their cat eating on camera - after being gone for weeks or months. .Spotting kitty eating the food on camera changes everything - then we know the next step is to use a humane TRAP to capture their cat because kitty is in survival mode, HIDING from all humans - even from the guardian they love.
3. REPLACE worn out flyers that are posted on both sides of LAMP POSTS around your block and POST UP FLYERS SEVERAL on lamppost several blocks out in ALL directions from your residence or where kitty escaped.
4. I encourage you to talk to your neighbors AGAIN in person to remind them your kitty is still missing and that you need their help to keep an eye out.
5. Deliver updated FLYERS to every single residence every apt within every building starting with your block and expanding outward several blocks in all directions. Tape the flyer directly onto front doors or down the side of mailboxes neatly folder and use painter's tape (won't harm) Every day I get texts from people who find their cats while calling /searching at night long after a month.
6. Continue to call for your cat at night / early morning … make any noise kitty is familiar with whether it's keys jingling or treat bag crinkles or simply your calm voice ...it may seem hopeless to do this but I am telling you everything you do helps!
7. Check nearby shelters ONLINE DAILY and IN PERSON weekly (some cats are NOT posted online at the shelters!) Cats are survivors and once back home, they return to being cozy. FLYERS all over the neighborhood and going door to door to talk to neighbors is KEY in spreading the word to the exact people who COULD spot kitty!
Sending you LOVE, HOPE and unwavering DETERMINATION