If you haven’t done so already, please post on Nextdoor.com for your surrounding neighborhoods, so your neighbors can keep an eye out for her. Put up flyers all around your area. File a lost report with the MCACC at 602-372-4598. Sharing.
Here are the steps to take to find the owner or your lost dog. Do what applies to your situation:
1. Put a large sign in your yard that says lost or found dog.
2. If you found a dog, have the dog scanned for a chip at a vet or 24/7 Emergency animal clinic. (Petco and Petsmart are not good choices as they may not carry a universal scanner and may miss picking up a chip). Make sure the dog is secured first with leash and collar so it can't bolt when taking for a scan. It's free and you shouldn't need an appointment. Call ahead of time to see if they have a "universal" scanner.
3. If you lost your dog and it is chipped, alert chip company IMMEDIATELY and make sure all of your contact information with them is current/correct.
4. Call MCACC to report found or lost dog at 602 372 4598 from 8 am to 5 pm daily, so they can add all information to their database AND also use this link to add dog to their lost/found map.: https://www.maricopa.gov/5268/Animal-Care-and-Control in case the owner is searching on that site. If the dog was lost/found in another county, please contact that county to report as lost/found. If the location lost/found is not in your post, please be sure to add city and major cross streets.
5. Put SIGNS up throughout your area. Get bright poster board from the dollar store & a fat marker, cut into 4 pieces, write FOUND/ LOST DOG, phone # and a picture. Keep it simple since drivers only have seconds to see it.
6. If you can't catch the dog or need additional help finding your lost dog, contact Hartt Animal Rescue and trapping for help.: https://azhartt.org/
7. If you think your dog was stolen, call nonemergency police.
8. If you found a deceased dog, call your city's deceased animal pick up.
IMPORTANT: If you found a dog, be sure to verify proof of ownership including pictures and vet records before handing over to anyone. Unfortunately there are people who search these sites who will try to claim as their own without proof looking for a free pet, will ask to foster or adopt before owner is found without connections to a rescue. They can be very convincing. They may just repeat specific information YOU added in your post and picture, but only want to harm the dog. If anyone offers to foster or adopt if owner is not found, PLEASE ask a rescue to help make sure the person is legit.
EMERGENCY: If you found a sick or injured stray and need an ambulance, or if you suspect an animal is being abused or neglected, call the Arizona Humane Society's emergency Field Dispatch at 602.997. 7585, ext. 2073 between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. After hours, please contact your nearest emergency animal clinic.
24PetConnect to search Lost and Found dogs: https://24petconnect.com/
Arizona Humane Society (best resource for sick or injured pets)
Pawboost: Add lost/ found and create a flyer: https://www.pawboost.com/site/how-it-works
Lost Dogs Arizona: https://www.lostdogsarizona.org/
Craigslist (Search Community Lost/Found): https://phoenix.craigslist.org/
Go to Facebook and Search for "Straydar".
Go to Facebook and Search for "MCACC Field Officers".
Helping Lost and found Pets/ Pet FBI National Database:
I hope these resources help and work. Continue looking on these sites DAILY! SHELTERS AND RESCUES ARE VERY FULL. THANK YOU FOR KEEPING THE DOG SAFE OR DON'T GIVE UP IF SEARCHING. Please update your post if the owner or lost pet is found.
PSA: As a community, we all need to spay/neuter our pet, keep a collar and tag with contact information on our dog, get our dog chipped and STOP backyard breeding.