We miss Pepper so much. She was a loving and affectionate part of our daily lives.She has a collar with a little metal plate giving her name and our address and our landline tel number. but it would be more efficient to call my cell phone.
white cat with black and orange spots and black tail
AREA LAST SEEN
San Diego, CA 92122
ADDRESS LAST SEEN
Caminito Terviso, Palmilla Drive, La Jolla Colony Drive; VALENCIA in La Jolla Colony
💖🐱Dear guardian 💖🐱 glad you are not giving up 🙏
Continue to take action in person. Cover all possibilities…if someone spots pepper they won't do anything unless they KNOW your cat is missing...replace LOST CAT FLYERS posted up on lampposts and within each building on the block and expand outward from all directions
'Lost cat' JiJi was found after missing for 4 MONTHS! Cats will remain for months and months doing their best to survive.
1. CONTINUE leaving wet food and fresh water bowl AM + PM where kitty escaped - lost cats search for a food source - you must be a consistent food source even if you're feeding other lost/stray hungry cats. Continue to use your motion activated wifi camera pointed at WET food and water bowl replenished AM + PM. If you don't have a camera aimed
2. I emplore you to buy one (the $35 mini blink on amazon works great) So many cases guardians were ready to give up then they finally put the camera out there (whether wifi to your phone or a WILD LIFE camera with batteries no wifi) and after some days / weeks they will Spot their cat eating on camera - after being gone for weeks or months. .Spotting kitty eating the food on camera changes everything - then we know the next step is to use a humane TRAP to capture their cat because kitty is in survival mode, HIDING from all humans - even from the guardian they love.
3. REPLACE worn out flyers that are posted on both sides of LAMP POSTS around your block and POST UP FLYERS on both sides of lamppost SEVERAL blocks out in ALL directions from your residence (or where kitty escaped from).
4. I encourage you to talk to your neighbors AGAIN in person to remind them your kitty is still missing and that you need their help to keep an eye out.
5. Deliver updated FLYERS to every single residence every apt within every building starting with your block and expanding outward several blocks in all directions. Tape the flyer directly onto front doors or down the side of mailboxes neatly folder and use painter's tape (won't harm) Every day I get texts from people who find their cats while calling /searching at night long after a month.
6. Continue to call for your cat at night / early morning … make any noise kitty is familiar with whether it's keys jingling or treat bag crinkles or simply your calm voice ...it may seem hopeless to do this but I am telling you everything you do helps!
7. Check nearby shelters ONLINE DAILY and IN PERSON weekly (some cats are NOT posted online at the shelters!) Cats are survivors and once back home, they return to being cozy. FLYERS all over the neighborhood and going door to door to talk to neighbors is KEY in spreading the word to the exact people who COULD spot kitty!
8. ADDING AT LEAST 1 HUGE NEON POSTER in front of your residence is highly encouraged in order to get a possible sighting. A BILLBOARD even better!
Sending you LOVE, HOPE and unwavering DETERMINATION
The biggest mistake I have learned in the last 5 years finding lost cats is people thinking the cat is getting taken care of somewhere when the cat is doing it's best to survive and they stop taking action..no more flyering..no huge posters. no talking to neighbors again..they stop searching at night .. you must do the opposite! Your sweet kitty needs to be spotted and the best way is to lure with wet food and get another neighbor to do the same - must have a camera aimed or you won't know who is eating the food. Even cats that have been with their guardian 15 years WILL HIDE FROM EVERYONE ..Lost cat Tommy was found after 4 months - the guardians finally started aiming a camera at the wet food they were leaving out every AM and PM and finally spotted her a week later then trapped her using a humane trap I lent. Other folks Created BILLBOARDS using vinyl and tape and huge photos of their cat - and kept FLYERING 1 block at a time…kept talking to neighbors on each street getting more than 1 person to check RING cameras and leave wet food and water out AND THAT - was what ultimately got their cat spotted . Don't give up. I’m so sorry for all the stress and worry...kitty is out there..needs your consistent action sending this message with only love in my heart - damia