Hi, my name is Terri. I’m so sorry your pup has gone missing. I hope the following suggestions help bring them home quickly!
IMMEDIATELY - Put a BIG SIGN saying LOST DOG in front of house/apt. (I.E. magic marker on a bedsheet!!!) If someone found your pup they may be walking/driving around trying to find it’s home.
Next- make FLYERS they are the MOST effective way to get them home! Not everyone has a smart phone or even visits lost and found sites.
POST DAILY Within 1 mile radius. They get removed. Repost them.
GO DOOR TO DOOR! Give to every neighbor & everyone you see. Ask neighbors to put them in their windows, businesses, on their car
Per the Maryland Humane Society- have family members pee in a disposable cup and mark the areas in front of your house or apt.
Also- Drag dirty underwear (it rubs against skin all day, lots of SKIN CELLS to spread a SCENT TRAIL) of the person who is closest to your dog around the block all the way to the door. Do this DAILY - This gives your dog a path home.
Leave garage door cracked open to allow your dog to crawl in. Put dirty laundry or their bed to rest on. If you live in an apartment set up everything in front of your door. Prop gate to backyard open.
CHECK AREAS CONSTANTLY or get a motion sensor camera to alert you of any motion inside garage or in front of apt. Put food and water there too. Ask a neighbor to be your backup in case he shows up when you’re away.
CALL MARICOPA COUNTY!!!! (MCACC)
* Go to MCACC Stray Animal map tool online. Post your lost pet and look at all Found pets in the area.
* All animals at Maricopa are only keep for 72 hours as a "Stray - Hold" then they become county property and may be adopted to someone else.
* Check shelters EVERY DAY- Alternate MCACC and HUMANE SOCIETY
* Post on PAWBOOST
* POST ON SHADOW (iPhone or iPad only) it’s an app that pulls from all rescues, shelters, found dog posts online, Facebook in one place!!! MAKE SURE you go to the task list and search all rescues. It also gives their contact info.
* CALL MICROCHIP company. Make sure your info is current!
Beware of scammers. If you are asked to enter a code to verify your identity delete the text. They DONT have your pet. If they give a story of needing gas money to bring your pet to you they don’t have your pet. You can drive to them or reimburse their gas in person when you get you pet. Never pay in advance-they are persuasive and may show you a photo or video. It’s not your pup- it’s a scam.
I’ll be praying for you and your pupper.
I’m happy to help any way I can. You can pm anytime!!!